Saturday, May 3, 2014

Saturday's Sayings - If Love Lasts a Lifetime, Why Not Grief?








It's okay to take my time when grieving my child. It just might take my whole life.



Saturday's Sayings

If Love Lasts a Lifetime,

Why Not 

Grief?












"MOURNING is the constant re-awakening that things are NOW DIFFERENT."
~Stephanie Ericsson



~~~




"How do I measure a moment?"
Grief changes all the rules. Success became getting out of bed. My accomplishments were calculated by a different scaling system.

My survival strategy was to get real simple, take it simple, and simply do what needed to be done. Where once I could juggle and multi-task, I started measuring life by one task at a time.

~Benjamin Allen 



~~~




"When they died, was my world turned upside down or right side up? When my heart broke my world shattered. What was once important to me no longer mattered. I questioned everything."

~Benjamin Allen 



~~~





"Telling someone with a broken heart to "get over it," "quit living in the past" or "snap out of it" is like telling a blind person to 'just look harder.'"



~~~





We emerge into the light not by denying our pain, but by walking through it.



~~~



"My grief journey has no one destination. I will not 'get over it.'
"The understanding that I don't have to be done is liberating. I will mourn this death for the rest of my life."
~Alan D. Wolfelt, The Wilderness of Grief



~~~





"What grief does is it puts us squarely in the middle of a fire, and it burns away everything that is not essential to our lives."

~Alana Sheeran



~~~





The Grief within me has its own heart beat. It has its own life, its own song. Part of me wants to resist the rhymes of my Grief, yet as I surrender to the song, I learn to listen deep within myself.

~Alan D. Wolfelt




~~~





"Grief is not just a series of events, stages, or timelines. Our society places enormous pressure on us to get over loss, to get through grief. 

But how long do you grieve for 

a husband of fifty years, 

a teenager killed in a car accident, 

a four-year-old child: 

a year? Five years? Forever?

"The loss happens in time, in fact in a moment, 

but its aftermath lasts a lifetime."

~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross, M.D.




~~~






We will never stop grieving because we will never stop loving.



~~~





"Love is how you stay alive even after you are gone."








Top Graphic, thanks to
~The Ugly Shoes Club (2013) / Facebook

All other Graphics, thanks to
2012: Love and Loss / Facebook

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment