Monday, May 27, 2013

Monday's Mourning Ministry - "Talitha, Koum!" / The Voice of My Beloved ~Cynthia Clawson







Monday's Mourning Ministry

"Talitha, Koum!"

/

The Voice of My Beloved

~Cynthia Clawson







In Scripture, when Jesus was asked by a father, a man named Jairus who knew he was about to lose his daughter, to come to his home and lay hands on his daughter who was about to die, Jesus was very responsive and went right away with Jairus to the man's home. Even though people from his home town came and found this father in the crowd of people traveling with them, to tell him not to bother Jesus any more because his daughter had already died, Jesus ignored the people and told the father, a synagogue leader, "Don't be afraid; just believe." 

When He arrived at the house, Jesus questioned the many people that had already gathered there inside the home, why they were making so much noise weeping and wailing, and said, "She is not dead, only asleep." The people began mocking Him, full of disbelief, so Jesus threw them out of the house. Jesus then took the child's father and mother and His three disciples into the room where the little girl was;.He then took the little girl's hand, and said the now famous words, "Talitha, koum!" - Aramaic for, "Little girl, rise up!"


~~~




Jesus could have said these words to my child as well on that night that was fatal for her, but He did not... Ofttimes I wonder why He didn't utter those words to her that night… And yet, I imagine what my child must have heard when Jesus did call to her that night… Was it the voice of her Beloved as the song so tenderly describes, as she heard, "Precious child, rise up, and come to Me!" 

Either message Jesus delivered was His voice of love calling out to both girls. Either message He uttered was a message of love. In a different, but equally loving way, my child heard His words, "Talitha. koum!" "Baby girl, rise up!" And for that I am so very grateful… If she could talk to me tonight to describe it to me, would she tell me what she heard that night… words similar to Clawson's? 

"Hear the voice of my Beloved 
gently call at close of day:

'Come my love, come and meet Me!
Rise, oh rise, and come away!'"







Hear the Voice of My Beloved

~Cynthia Clawson

(Gaither Homecoming)



Hear the voice of my Beloved
Gently call at close of day:
"Come my love, come and meet me!
Rise, oh rise, and come away!"

Winter’s Dark will soon be over
And the rain is nearly done
Flowers bloom and trees are budding
Time for singing has begun.

I have waited through the Shadow
For my Lord to call for me.
Now the Morning breaks eternal
In its light His face I see
Now the Morning breaks eternal
And at last His face I see.

When you see the fields re-budding,
You will know the summer’s near
And when you hear the words I’ve spoken,
You will know My coming’s near!
So keep on listening, my beloved,
For My coming’s very near!



~~~~~



Mark 5:21-43 (The Expanded version of the Bible):


Jesus Gives Life to a Dead Girl and Heals a Sick Woman

21 When Jesus went in the boat back to the other side of the lake, a large crowd gathered around him there. 22 A leader of the synagogue, named Jairus, came there, saw Jesus, and ·fell [bowed; knelt] at his feet. 23 He begged Jesus, ·saying again and again [earnestly saying], “My daughter is dying. Please come and ·put [lay] your hands on her so she will be healed and will live.” 24 So Jesus went with him.

A large crowd followed Jesus and pushed very close around him. 25 Among them was a woman who had been bleeding for twelve years [Cprobably a chronic menstrual disorder]. 26 She had suffered very much from many doctors and had spent all the money she had, but instead of improving, she was getting worse. 27 When the woman heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his ·coat [cloak; garment]. 28 [For] She ·thought [said], “If I can just touch his clothes, I will ·be healed [get well; be saved].” 29 Instantly her bleeding stopped, and she felt in her body that she was healed from her disease.

30 At once Jesus ·felt [perceived] power go out from him. So he turned around in the crowd and asked, “Who touched my clothes?”

31 His ·followers [disciples] said, “Look at how many people are pushing against you! And you ask, ‘Who touched me?’”

32 But Jesus continued looking around to see who had touched him. 33 The woman, knowing that she was healed, came and fell at Jesus’ feet. Shaking with fear, she told him the whole truth. 34 Jesus said to her, “·Dear woman [Daughter], ·you are made well because you believed [your faith has saved/healed you]. Go in peace; be healed of your disease.”

35 While Jesus was still speaking, some people came from the house of the synagogue leader. They said, “Your daughter is dead. ·There is no need to bother the teacher anymore.” [Why trouble the teacher anymore?”]

36 But Jesus ·paid no attention to [or overheard] what they said. He told the synagogue leader, “Don’t be afraid; just believe.”

37 Jesus let only Peter, James, and John the brother of James go with him. 38 When they came to the house of the synagogue leader, Jesus found many people there making lots of noise and ·crying loudly [weeping and wailing loudly].39 Jesus entered the house and said to them, “Why are you ·crying [weeping] and making so much noise? The child is not dead, only asleep.” 40 But they ·laughed at [ridiculed] him. So, after ·throwing [putting] them [all] out of the house, Jesus took the child’s father and mother and his three followers into the room where the child was. 41 Taking hold of the girl’s hand, he said to her, “Talitha, koum!” (This means [in Aramaic, the language Jesus commonly spoke], “Little girl, I tell you to stand up!”) 42 At once the girl stood right up and began walking. (She was twelve years old.) Everyone was completely amazed. 43 Jesus gave them strict orders not to tell people about this. Then he told them to give the girl something to eat.










Picture, thanks to, "Hope for the Broken Hearted" 
Grief Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-FGjI4WVG4

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment