Sunday, February 3, 2013

Saturday's Sayings - Progress in the Healing Journey… - Part Two






Saturday's Sayings

Progress in the Healing Journey…

Part Two






"Mourning is a constant reflection and adjustment. It is the ever present knowledge that I must find ways to live with my loss, and not let my loss live in place of me."

~Sylvia Browne




~~~~~




We never really "heal" from Child-Loss Grief and Trauma, but we're always in recovery. We can be in a process of healing, but healing will not completely happen this side of Heaven. 

Amidst our Child-Loss Grief and Trauma, when you think about it, we have been assaulted emotionally, physically, and spiritually! We never really "heal" from Child-Loss Grief and Trauma, but we're always in recovery. We can be in a process of healing, but healing will not completely happen this side of Heaven.

~Angie and Tommy




~~~




"The case of a parent losing a child is very special because the most deep-seated protective and nurturant emotions are brutalized. Because this 'injury' is so severe to such primitive emotional processes, the grieving parent is likely to feel and express the pain associated with it for the rest of his or her life."

~Dr Joanne Cacciatore




~~~~~





~JESUS, the Music of My Soul



This "going outside...quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God" was the best remedy for me in years one and two especially when I could do little else for comfort. I could not focus on the words in a book, and tears were constantly flowing. To see God's creation constantly at work while I sat in the swing on my patio brought me enormous peace. As I felt the sun and the gentle breeze flow across my skin, I watched the breeze gently swaying the leaves of the bamboo while the birds gathered their seed, the squirrels scampered the ground for leftovers, and the butterflies skittered from flower to flower, sometimes flying right up to me, I could see God's hand at work and know He is so much bigger than I and my little world are, and He takes care of us all down to the finest detail and the tiniest, most helpless creature (which includes me). I could rest in Him and know that even now, He has my little one in His arms, caring for her.

~Angie




~~~~~






~Grieving Mother, Jill Compton via ~Kim's Fun Page



I would add, "...and sometimes I might even find that list when I get there!!!"

Even as we learn that Trauma makes our brains do strange things, like forget many of the things we once did without thinking, we also learn to keep a sense of humor about these manifold changes in our lives that feel crazy-making!!!

~Angie




_____





~Sweet to the Soul


A FRIEND loves at all times. 
~Proverbs 17:17

Ask God to show you the value of other people and the importance of building friendships in your life.

~Sweet to the Soul


~~~


We find that fellow-grievers become the best companions on this terrible road of grief, amidst this torrential trail of tears...


~Angie and Tommy




~~~~~





~Death of a Loved one 




The regulating of our body which we once did without thinking is now affected because Trauma damages our brain, so we must focus on how to better take care of our bodies, souls, and spirits. It seems a rare commodity these days to get a good solid night's eight hours of sleep, and yet we strive to get the sleep even if it must be taken in spurts. Exercise, we notice, helps tremendously to make our physical bodies tired, so tired that it can help to override the mind's constant duress, the soul's agonizing searching for understanding, and the heart's ever grieving state that looks for chances to release that grief.

~Angie and Tommy




~~~~~





~Grieving Mothers





We begin to be amazed that we can feel so close to our child, and we revel in that closeness…

~Angie and Tommy




~~~~~





~Grieving Mother, Dani MarieBernadette D'Angelo 





When we wonder why our love for our child could bring such suffering into our hearts on a daily basis, we begin to wonder if we are doing something "wrong," after all, there is always the pressure by others to get on with it all… 

and then we look at our our beloved Lord who suffered in His life because of loving us… and then we know, suffering is par for the course when you love deeply!

~Angie and Tommy




~~~~~






~Grieving Mother, Dani MarieBernadette D'Angelo 




We begin to recognize that the end of our strength only represents the beginning of God's…

~Angie and Tommy












Picture, Broken, thanks to ~Death of a Loved one 

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment