Monday, January 14, 2013

Tuesday's Trust Permission to Grieve: ~Lisa Menz Kirkland, A Mother Grieving Two Children Shares...






Tuesday's Trust

Permission to Grieve:

~Lisa Menz Kirkland, 

A Mother Grieving Two Children Shares...






I hope y'all don't mind, but I'd like to share another piece that I wrote after my son was killed. As you know, I've lost both of my kids.

I want to let those closest to me try to understand what I am feeling these days. I've done my best to put it into words, even though there is so much more. I cant describe all of my emotions, but maybe this will help.





Sometimes I'm forgetful, cant concentrate and seem distracted....

I'm not losing my mind, I've just lost my kids



Sometimes I ache all over and have a hard time getting out of bed.....

I'm not a hypochondriac....my body and soul ache for my kids



Somedays I seem short tempered and angry.....

I don't need anger management....I just need my kids



Sometimes you might see me staring off into space….I'm not daydreaming, my mind is reliving all that has happened.



If I walk around looking like I've lost my best friend....

well, I have.



If you see me have mood swings, unexpected tears or random emotions....

I'm not hormonal, I just don't know what I will be feeling next.



If I seem cold during the holidays and I'm not filled with joy at Christmastime right now....

I'm not hard-hearted, just trying to grow a new one.



If I turn down your church invitations and seem mad at God right now.....

I haven't turned my back on Him. I have questions and I know He'll be right here for me when I'm ready.



When you see me sad, depressed or listless, don't worry......

I'm not suicidal, I'm trying to learn how to live again.



and if you just don't know what to say....

just say a prayer for me.



Love, Lisa


~Grieving Mother Lisa Menz Kirkland 
via ~Grieving Mother Darlene Thomas 
via ~Grieving Mothers


Thank you to Lisa Menz Kirkland for sharing her broken heart with us. Lisa graciously has given us permission to share her writing as we feel led. 

My heart and prayers are with you Lisa as you grieve your precious children...










Picture - thanks to "Grief, the Unspoken"

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment