Saturday, November 17, 2012

Friday's Faith - Requiem: Eric Wolterstorff in Memoriam - Part II: A Lament





Friday's Faith


Requiem: Eric Wolterstorff in Memoriam

Part II:

A Lament




Part II


Like a bird alone in the desert
...or an owl in a ruined house
I lie awake and I groan,
...like a sparrow lost on a roof.
Ashes are the bread that I eat,
...I mingle tears with my drink.
Psalm 102
From the depths I cry to you, O Lord,
...give heed to my lament.
Psalm 130
Does the grave declare your great love?
Is your truth proclaimed in the tombs?
Are your wonders admired in the dark
...or your mercy where all is forgotten?
Psalm 88
Why do you turn away?
Why do you hide your face?

I wait for you, my soul waits
...and in your word I hope.
Psalm 130
Restore me, O God my Savior.
Psalm 85





TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment