Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday's Faith - Grief's Cry




Friday's Faith

Grief's Cry





When my soul is in the dumps, I rehearse
everything I know of You,
From Jordan depths to Hermon heights,
including Mount Mizar.
Chaos calls to chaos,
to the tune of whitewater rapids.
Your breaking surf, your thundering breakers
crash and crush me.
Then GOD promises to love me all day,
sing songs all through the night!
My life is God's prayer.

Psalm 42:8
~The Message



We need language to tell us who we are, how we feel, what we're capable of---to explain the pains and glory of our existence.

~Maya Angelou




Grief's Cry


Agitated, irritable, striking out it seems,
Feeling~inside~I'm falling apart at the seams.

Angry at anyone, and yet really at no one,
Aggravated most of all: today, my anger won.

What is this angst about, and how did it come on?
At one point, my heart so content, but then it, my grief did own:

"You cannot live out normal days;
For now, you're groped by Grief's daft daze."

Hopeless my daunting mood to break,
I lie down merely hours before Daybreak;

Too wound-up to sleep, I lie here wide awake,
Fearful I am attending, for "normal life," a wake…

(Alack, alas, keep loved ones away, I pray,
Unless by insidious meanness, them, I start to prey.)

Dear God in Heaven, please break through,
My heart, so peeved, my life, it threw.

I don't want any beloved ones to see
How DARK life is in the depths of Grief's Stark Sea.

Hold my heart, whisper words of love down;
Hide me gently underneath Your feathers' gentle down,

(For only Love can melt this hardened shell of mine)
And fill it full of Treasures from God's Infinite Love's Own Mine,

Treasures that include Your deep, and sweet, abiding peace
That gently reassembles, in my heart, each broken piece,

Once split apart by Death's own crushing grate,
Until I can be rewoven by Your Own Soothing Love so Great!

Cleanse my heart, and break it, then make it completely new
By my Loving Savior God that I once (and ever) knew.



Poem - Grief's Cry - Angie Bennett Prince - 10/18/2012 3:30 - 4:30 a.m.





In response to my poem above, my husband's therapeutic and kind response to me, knowing our post-Child-Loss state:

We are still learning how our lives now function: (I am still learning) whether I can deal with certain things or not; I am still discovering what I can and cannot deal with amidst Child-Loss Grief.

~Tommy Prince














Pictures, thanks to Grieving Mother - Jill Compton, and "Wings of Hope-Living Forward" via Jill Compton

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment