Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tuesday's Trust - Thrown to the Ground...





Tuesday's Trust

Thrown to the Ground...






Babygirl, amidst your crash, you were thrown to the ground...
Amidst our prayers for you and our acts of tough love,
Who knew that the way Up for you would be Down?
Our Heavenly Father heard all our cries and took you Above.

And now Babygirl, Mommy, too, has been thrown to the ground...
Like a kernel of wheat, buried in that ground with you that day.
And yet... I live, seemingly to stumble around,
Trying to heal, as if there were any way...

God has His plan; It obviously is not my own~
He allows our disability, our abject weakness
To remind us Who should always be on the Throne
While we are left aground to deal with daily duress.

And yet He reminds me, there is a way, only one ~
"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart, I have overcome the world.
I have told you these things that IN ME you may have peace."
(Peace?! Living a life when I've lost my baby girl?!)
And yet, I am to live for there is work to be done,
But His words encoded clue me in; it's only IN HIM I'll find sweet release.

I must allow myself to "be like the kernel of wheat" . . .
Only when allowed to be thrown to the ground, will I find His sweet peace!

"IN ME" you may have peace . . .
~ NOT A TROUBLE-FREE, SUFFER-LESS LIFE AS SOME PREACH ~
But an obedient willingness to suffer amidst the world's worst grief
Enables God to have His way, for many souls ~just like you~ for Him to reach!

This world is not my home; I must allow Him to show the way
To prepare me for Heaven with hard-fought treasures to be stored up for that Day!

Babygirl, amidst your crash, you were thrown to the ground...
Who knew that the way Up, for both of us, would be Down?


~~~~~~


Jesus: 
"I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves Me must follow Me; and where I am, My servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves Me."

~John 12:24-26 NIV


Jesus: 
"I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."


~John 16:33 NIV



Jesus: 
"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in Heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."


~Matthew 6:19-20 ESV









Picture, Wheat being scattered to the ground, thanks to FotoSearch
Poem - Thrown to the Ground... - Angie Bennett Prince - 09/09/2012
Scriptures: NIV = New International Version; ESV = English Standard Version


TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment