Monday, December 19, 2011

Tuesday's Trust - Deep Calls to Deep...





Tuesday's Trust


Deep Calls to Deep...





Could it be that your death

Brought me to life in some ways,

Breathing in me a vitalizing breath,

Yielding new focus for my latter days?

Knowing what's important is a great simplifier,

Giving compassion for the lost, the dying, the half-dead,

God's voice coming through clearer as if by Death's amplifier,

Where the noises of the world's din are shut down to a whisper

Such that I can hear the still small voice of the Sweet Spirit,

Drawing my heart to the voiceless wounded's whisper

Though it is drowned out to others who are "deaf," though they are near it.


"Unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies,"

So our Master said, "it remains only a single seed.

Yet if it falls down to the ground and dies,

It then finds the life to produce many seeds."


So, too, your death ~ though it has half-killed me,

Leaving me a shadow of myself, as one half-dead,

Has, in other ways, quickened the heart and the soul of The Deep

To find new life to go and find healing, and even reach out to others who find themselves half-dead,

Also afraid they will drown in the rapacious riptide of their Grief.


How can God rescue life out of death?

How can He find this grieving mother suffocated, and lend her breath?

How can He resurrect a therapist who thought she was finished,

And tune her heart better to hear the soul-cries of the diminished?

How can I hear so clearly those voices others dismiss

Yet my Savior draws my heart to them as a mother tends her crying child with Love's kiss.


It is indeed a remarkable resurrection,

But it is, too, an "insurrection" --

The "healers"...

are too often hurting (us),

So God calls the hurting...

to be the "healers"!

The so-called "healers" are blind because it is too painful to really "see,"

While those of us who already are "half-dead," can all too plainly see.

We know the pain because we have lived it.

We're not afraid to see the pain because we know the One who lifts it.

We cannot deny the pain because we know what it's like to feel abandoned,

And we know we can rely on the One who walks with us through the Valley of Death's Shadow

because He has walked with us through our own Valley.

He will use His rod to guide us, and the crook of His staff to pull us back as needed for our protection. ~ Such intimacy

comforts our souls and walks along with us,

guiding and working through us to comfort others.


Those who walk in The Shallows

are afraid of The Deep.

Those thrown into The Deep have learned to swim, or if not to swim, to tread, or if not to tread, to float.

So when others are thrown into The Deep,

The Deep calls to The Deep,

And they are attended, and they too are filled with hope...



*****


~Psalm 42, NIV~



As the deer pants for streams of water,

so my soul pants for You, O God.

My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.

When can I go and meet with God?

My tears have been my food day and night,

while men say to me all day long,

"Where is your God?"

These things I remember as I pour out my soul:

how I used to go with the multitude, leading the procession to the house of God,

with shouts of joy and thanksgiving among the festive throng.


Why are you downcast, O my soul?

Why so disturbed within me?

Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God.

My soul is downcast within me; therefore I will remember You...

Deep calls to deep in the roar of Your waterfalls;

all Your waves and breakers have swept over me.


By day the LORD directs His love,

at night His song is with me-- a prayer to the God of my life.


I say to God my Rock,

"Why have You forgotten me?

Why must I go about mourning,

oppressed by the enemy?"

My bones suffer mortal agony as my foes taunt me,

saying to me all day long,

"Where is your God?"


Why are you downcast, O my soul?

Why so disturbed within me?

Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God.










Picture, thanks to ingimage.com:

NIV - New International Version of The Holy Bible


TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment