Monday, October 3, 2011

Tuesday's Trust - Empty - A Grieving Father's Poem





Tuesday's Trust

Empty

A Grieving Father's Poem



Empty



Empty faces in empty cars


I stop at the light and stare at their scars


Empty heart and empty soul


Used to know my way but I lost my role


Empty buildings on crowded streets


An empty bed as I pull up my sheets


Empty house that's not a home


Should I sell it now and learn how to roam


Empty children with blood shot eyes


My nights are empty as I sit and cry


Empty visions in my empty mind


Since I found him dead life's been so unkind


Empty hopes followed by dead dreams


Try to go to sleep but I'm wakened by my screams


Empty promises given in vain


A chump to the hustle so now I live in pain


Empty future with little hope I see


I pray to you Jesus please touch your Hand to me.




written 10/02/2011 by: Thomas Patrick Calvert









Picture - http://www.webstockpro.com/Stock-Photos-water+pump/
Poem by Tom Calvert, in memory of his son David (lovingly "lifted" from TCF, Atlanta)

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment