Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday's Mourning Ministry - God Holds Us Together / Hold Us Together ~Matt Maher




Monday's Mourning Ministry
God Holds Us Together
/
Hold Us Together
~Matt Maher


Amazing!

A couple of days ago I was running (I use that term very loosely) on my treadmill, watching a DVD sermon by Louie Giglio…and I was BLOWN AWAY! I want to share what I learned….but I fear not being able to convey it as well as I want. I will share anyway.

He (Louie) was talking about how inconceivably BIG our God is…how He spoke the universe into being…how He breathes stars out of His mouth that are huge raging balls of fire…etc. etc. Then He went on to speak of how this star-breathing, universe creating God ALSO knitted our human bodies together with amazing detail and wonder. At this point I am LOVING it (fascinating from a medical standpoint, you know.) …..and I was remembering how I was constantly amazed during medical school as I learned more and more about God’s handiwork. I remember so many times thinking….”How can ANYONE deny that a Creator did all of this???”

And it wasn’t because I was running my treadmill, either!!!It was because he started talking about laminin.I knew about laminin. Here is how Wikipedia describes them :”laminin’s are a family of proteins that are an integral part of the structural scaffolding of basement membranes in almost every animal tissue.” You see….laminin’s are what hold us together….LITERALLY. They are cell adhesion molecules. They are what holds one cell of our bodies to the next cell. Without them, we would literally fall apart. And I knew all this already. But what I didn’t know is what laminin LOOKED LIKE.



Louie went on to talk about how we can trust that the God who created all this, also has the power to hold it all together when things seem to be falling apart…how our loving Creator is also our sustainer.

And then I lost my breath.

But now I do.

And I have thought about it a thousand times since (already)….

Here is what the structure of laminin looks like…AND THIS IS NOT a “Christian portrayal” of it….if you look up laminin in any scientific/medical piece of literature, this is what you will see…

The glue that holds us together….ALL of us….is in the shape of the cross.


Immediately Colossians 1:15-17 comes to mind.


“He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.For by him all things were created; things in heaven and on earth , visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
He is before all things, and in him all things HOLD TOGETHER. “
Colossians 1:15-17

~from the blog of "Briggie"


I often think of this very verse when I feel like I'm close to falling apart, suspended on this earth, with one foot planted fully in Heaven, and the other still planted on this earth...

The same God who lovingly got my child, as a wee helpless baby, here to this earth through no power of her own, nor of my own,

is the same God who lovingly got my child to Heaven when she was, (and I was) totally powerless to get her There,

is the same God who can

hold you and me together,

though it seems our worlds have literally fallen apart since our precious child (who evidently formed the very center of our universe) was taken from our world...


May our Loving Lord be with you this week, raining His blessed peace and comfort down upon your being, holding you and your grieving body-emotions-mind-soul-spirit,

together...

in Him...

always....




Hold Us Together


~Matt Maher



  • Songwriters: Matt Maher, Steve Wilson


It don't have a job, don't pay your bills
Won't buy you a home in Beverly Hills
Won't fix your life in five easy steps
Ain't the law of the land or the government?
But it's all you need

And love will hold us together
Make us a shelter to weather the storm
And I'll be my brother's keeper
So the whole world would know that we're not alone

It's waiting for you knocking at your door
In the moment of truth when your heart hits the floor
And you're on your knees

And love will hold us together
Make us a shelter to weather the storm
And I'll be my brother's keeper
So the whole world would know that we're not alone

This is the first day of the rest of your life
This is the first day of the rest of your life
'Cause even in the dark you can still see the light
It's gonna be alright, it's gonna be alright

This is the first day of the rest of your life
This is the first day of the rest of your life
'Cause even in the dark you can still see the light
It's gonna be alright, it's gonna be alright

Love will hold us together
Make us a shelter to weather the storm
And I'll be my brother's keeper
So the whole world would know that we're not alone











devotional from http://jehovahroi.wordpress.com/

http://youtu.be/Qu_LZcZP9zk


TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment