Friday, May 6, 2011

Saturday's Sayings - Distance





Saturday's Sayings


Distance






My child has gone up High


While I must stay down low







But no matter how far apart


The moon won't lose its glow...



Despite light leaving my sight


My child lives in its Glow...




So I'm left to live by faith


And trust the God I know.








*****


It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery



*****



Even in our sleep
Pain which cannot forget
Falls drop by drop upon the heart
Until, in our own despair,
Against our will,
Comes wisdom
Through the awful grace of God.

~Aeschylus



*****



I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
~epitaph on the grave of an unknown astronomer



*****



Actually, every time we begin, we wonder how we did it before, Each time is a new journey with no maps.

~Natalie Goldberg, Writing Down the Bones



*****



I said to my soul, be still, and let the dark come upon you
Which shall be the darkness of God. . . .
So the darkness shall be the light, and the stillness the dancing.

~T.S. Eliot



*****



In a dark time, the eye begins to see.

~Theodore Roethke










Pictures thanks to FotoSearch.com
Poem- Distance - Angie Bennett Prince - 5/3/2011

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment