Thursday, May 26, 2011

Friday's Faith - Can "Faith Street Bridge" Be Rebuilt Without Closing It Down? ~by Tommy Prince








Friday's Faith


Can "Faith Street Bridge"

Be Rebuilt

Without

Closing It Down?


~by Tommy Prince





My faith is being totally reconstructed right after I have gone through the worst crisis of a parent's life. What a time to have to rebuild and start all over.


At the time when I most need God, the Bridge is DOWN???


Do I totally shut it down?


Do I leave one lane open?


CAN I leave one lane open?



I trusted Someone who I felt totally let me down, and now I'm to leave one lane OPEN??? How is that even to be done?


When you pray diligently for your child's safety, and the Answer is... She Got Killed???!!!


NOW what do you do?



My faith has to be totally reconstructed.


Can I do this without everything crashing down and me falling off?




The Henley Street Bridge is an old bridge that is a major thoroughfare in our city of Knoxville, yet it is, right at this moment, totally closed down for major reconstruction. There is no possibility for one lane to be open. So for months and even years, this major thoroughfare will be shut down. The conservative estimate for reconstruction is TWO YEARS.




So, in facing a Major Reconstruction of my faith, I have had to close down my life to many things so that the major reconstruction can take place.


Can I trust that God will find a way to meet me when all roads have been shut off?









Picture, thanks to "Grieving Mothers" on Facebook

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment