Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Wednesday's Woe - Severed Heart ~Edmund Kuznicki







Wednesday's Woe



Severed Heart


~Edmund Kuznicki





You are the silent destroyer inside


You cannot be seen but I feel your sharp knife


When you took our children you also took our lives


They say we’ll pick up the pieces in time, in time


I hope it’s before I completely lose my mind




I once was told to believe and you shall see


I tried that devoutly but have been left for blind


The pain I feel could bring kings and queens to their knees


Every minute, every hour, every day, it reminds




The suffering will bring no closure, no resolution


The rest of our lives looking up from the bottom of this well


I know those who lose their children go straight to heaven


As we have done our penance, this brutal time in hell




The torture will continue, the questions, why, why, why?


What could I have done to stop it, I cry, I cry


Maybe there’s something more as I felt your pain that day


Same time, unusual it was displayed that way




My heart races for no reason but I must overcome and win


I will continue, I will miss you, forever I will love you


My soul shakes and shakes it just cannot be true


I pray one day I can smile again




~Used by gracious permission from the poem's author













Story of Edward Kuznicki's daughter Shanna's death: http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/78547677.html

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment