Sunday, March 13, 2011

Monday's Mourning Ministry - Feeling Forsaken / Believe ~Brooks & Dunn







Monday's Mourning Ministry



Feeling Forsaken


~


Believe ~Brooks & Dunn




Singing Your praise, betrayal surges up...

Tears start to pour before I know it.

Thanksgiving and sorrow merge in one cup;

Lord, Your thankful child is not stoic.


I don't like to feel conflicting thoughts of You;

I know You are Love, and gave all to save us.

But Your chid is human and feels betrayed by You~

You, who can save all, chose not to save her?


I know this thought is just part of the story,

And I know feelings and thoughts aren't always facts.

I know there's much I won't know before Glory;

I know Love is not unloving in His acts.


When did my life become so much about me?

Before her death, I was ever full of praise.

Now I am stumped ~ can't get over what I see,

Yet I know from her death, her life You'll surely raise.


God, how do You handle a child's dissonance?

It must clash in Your ears and make You sad,

And yet there's compassion and a Father's patience ~

Your own Son wept too when his friend, in death was clad;

And He too cried out when, by You, He felt forsaken,

Yet He knew Your heart, when by death He was taken.



Even tears cried out when we're feeling betrayed,

Love collects in a vile, vital to save.

Emotions come and go...they're just diamonds in Your quarry,

Love's elixir for us, You'll use to create

The Grand Finale...the Rest of Love's Story!


You allow evil, if just for a time;

When touched by Your Love, it produces the sublime.

When we stand before You, we'll see the bigger story;

All pain will fade away in the presence of Your Glory.

For now, we'll walk by faith, till You transform our story...





*****




Below is one of the songs Merry Katherine played for me from her new c.d., "Believe," that she played for me on our way to our last beach trip together the August before she died. When I heard it, it made me cry (and of course, I cried again today as I heard it). It expresses so well her sweet heart and the sweet words of comfort we have as we believe, by faith, what is ahead for all who love our Lord Jesus, so that "we know that we know that we know" we will see our loved ones again...







Believe


Brooks & Dunn


Old man Wrigley lived in that white house

Down the street where I grew up

Momma used to send me over with things

We struck a freindship up

I spent a few long summers out on his old porch swing


Says he was in the war when in the navy

Lost his wife, lost his baby

Broke down and asked him one time

How ya keep from going crazy?

He said I'll see my wife and son in just a little while

I asked him what he meant

He looked at me and smiled, said


(Chorus)

I raise my hands, bow my head

I'm finding more and more truth in the words written in red

They tell me that there's more to life than just what I can see

Oh I believe


Few years later I was off at college

Talkin' to mom on the phone one night

Getting all caught up on the gossip

The ins and outs of the small town life

She said, Oh by the way son, old man Wrigley's died.


Later on that night, I laid there thinkin' back

Thought 'bout a couple long-lost summers

I didn't know whether to cry or laugh

If there was ever anybody deserved a ticket to the other side

It'd be that sweet old man who looked me in the eye, said


(Chorus)

I raise my hands, bow my head

I'm finding more and more truth in the words written in red

They tell me that there's more to life than just what I can see


I can't quote the book

The chapter or the verse

You can't tell me it all ends

In a slow ride in a hearse

You know I'm more and more convinced

The longer that I live

Yeah, this can't be

No, this can't be

No, this can't be all there is


(Chorus)

When I raise my hands, bow my head

I'm finding more and more truth in the words written in red

They tell me that there's more to life than just what I can see

I believe

Oh, I

I believe

I believe

I believe

I believe

I believe




*****




Life is not a snap shot, It might take a little time, but you'll see the bigger picture.


There's good for those who love God.


Once you feel the weight of glory all your pain will fade to memory.



~found on Amy Richardson Peterson's Facebook page,

(Amy is a precious Sister-in Child-Loss Grief)










Poem - Feeling Forsaken - Angie Bennett Prince - 3/12/2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5z-jjWyAJQ&feature=related

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment