Sunday, February 6, 2011

Monday's Mourning Ministry - Bleeding Out Under Death's Knife... - Sing to Jesus ~Fernando Ortega





Monday's Mourning Ministry

Bleeding Out Under Death's Knife...

~

Sing to Jesus ~Fernando Ortega



I could not sleep. I could not get it out of my head...

After writing Friday's Faith for last week, I awakened in the early morning hours of that Friday with the agonizing question I had left at the end of my post.


It was going over and over in my head, tormenting my broken heart and tattered soul,


starting with a paraphrase of C. S. Lewis' s quote and ending with my question posed:


"The Surgeon would not stop before the operation was complete or all the pain up to that point would have been useless....

but in the process, what if He cut out our hearts...?"


I could not sleep. I could not get out of my head this image of the Good Surgeon's knife...cutting our hearts out amidst our great loss of our child...

As I typically do when I cannot sleep, I got out of bed, went into another room to turn on the light, and began writing a poem, hoping to get some of the angst of my heart out, and onto paper. Here is the result:



Bleeding Out Under Death's Knife...


Oh God of mercy, Author of graces,

We Child-Loss grievers walk through life with death

E'er by our side, breathing in our faces.

Lord, lest we suffocate, breathe in Your breath,

Give life to our limbs, enliven our heart,

Resuscitate Your child, breathe in new life,

For e'er since our little one did depart,

Our hearts risk bleeding out under Death's knife...


Only by faith can we walk through Death's dark;

Lest You walk beside, our world is too stark.

Lest resurrection's true, we're most to be pitied,

Keep our eyes on You as we walk toward Life's City...

Our manna for the journey is Your Hope;

Lest we feed on You daily, Your child cannot cope.

We can only face death by walking with Life;

Sustain us Lord under th' Good Surgeon's knife.



*****



Bleeding out under Death's knife is my poor heart in grief, but then I heard this sweet simple song, "Sing for Jesus," reminding me that Jesus literally did die under the Good Surgeon's knife, for all for us...

If He could sacrifice His life out of such great love for us and our children, could I not give my heart and all its longings for my baby girl, to suffer in this life, even if it is for the rest of my life?

Since He died to give her life, even now she lives with Him, "the King of Heaven" for all eternity.





Sing to Jesus

~Fernando Ortega


Come and see, look on this mystery

the Lord of the universe nailed to a tree.

Christ our God, spilling His holy blood,

bowing in anguish, His sacred head.


Sing to Jesus, Lord of our shame,

Lord of our sinful hearts,

He is our Great Redeemer!

Sing to Jesus, honor His name,

Sing of His faithfulness,

Pouring His life out unto death.


(Interlude)


Come you weary, and He will give you rest;

Come you who mourn, lay on His breast.

Christ who died, risen in Paradise,

Giver of mercy, Giver of life.


Sing to Jesus, His is the throne.

Now and forever,

He is the King of Heaven!

Sing to Jesus, we are His own.

Now and forever,

Sing for the love our God has shown.


(Interlude)


Sing to Jesus, Lord of our shame,

Lord of our sinful hearts,

He is our Great Redeemer!

Sing to Jesus, honor His name;

Sing to Jesus, His is the throne.


Now and forever, He is the King of Heaven!

Sing to Jesus, we are His own.

Now and forever, sing for the love our God has shown.









Picture thanks to FotoSearch.com

Poem - Bleeding Out Under Death's Knife - Angie Bennett Prince - 2/4/2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWuDZ0az-c4&feature=related


TwitThis

1 comment:

Laurie Wallin said...

Wow. I'm so glad I discovered you on Twitter. The depth of struggle you share, and persistent hanging-on to Him in the midst of it, is such a precious gift to encourage others. I lost one baby, adopted two with special needs, delivered two more, and am now a life coach specializing in grief, loss and overcoming challenges. I'd love to connect with you and hear more about what you do.

Blessings!
-Laurie

Post a Comment