Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday's Mourning Ministry - After Four Years... Missing You Deeply / Redeemer ~Nicole C. Mullen





In Loving Memory

Merry Katherine Prince

3/29/1987 – 8/2/2006



I wrote this poem to Merry Katherine asking about her life in Heaven. Today, we put this poem into our local newspaper, The Knoxville News Sentinel:




Fourteen hundred and sixty-one days since

you've been here with us. Tears still flow freely.

Surely tears will flow for a lifetime hence,

For missing you affects us so deeply...


Where are you now, and what are you doing?

Are you pulling for us? Praying for us?

Are there things once done you now are ruing,

Or have God's cleansing waters soothed you thus?


Are there things you wish for, hope we will do?

Does God allow you a part in our lives?

Can you watch Satan try to pull his coup,

See as he rips us up, (or at least tries)?


Do you see my heart ripped and pulverized,

Or see Daddy as he struggles with God?

When God sweetly soothes us, are you surprised?

Or when God breaks through, do you smile and nod?


When our deep grief renders us weak, weary

As we walk through Shadows of Death's Valley

And you see us struggle, are you teary,

Or do you smile as God helps us rally?


Does God show you the rest of the story?

Do you see from the beginning to end?

Can you see how from here God gets glory,

And after trials, how angels He'll send?


I sense when I see you, God's holy peace:

I see you happy, your beautiful smile,

I hear your comfort and my worries cease.

My tears 'nd sadness in my heart reconcile.


We miss you sweet Baby and always will

And yet we know you're in the Shepherd's care–

We're so thankful, for you Christ walked Calv'ry's Hill

Love so filled His heart, sins' sentence He'd bear.


We'll see you soon in His Kingdom so fair–

Maybe we'll even meet you in the air!



We love you, sweet Baby Girl,


Mommy, Daddy, Nathan, Rollin and Stephanie




"Redeemer" was one of Merry Katherine's very favorite songs; she loved to belt it out along with her stereo in her room. So I especially wanted to share this very inspired song with you again today as it so vividly shares her sweet relationship with her Lord who walks beside her today and with whom she can freely share all the love in her heart each and every day!


Redeemer

~Nicole C. Mullen


Who taught the sun where to stand in the morning?

and Who told the ocean you can only come this far?

and Who showed the moon where to hide 'til evening?

Whose words alone can catch a falling star?


Well I know my Redeemer lives

I know my Redeemer lives:

All of creation testifies

This Life within me cries

I know my Redeemer lives, yeah.


The very same God that spins things in orbit

runs to the weary, the worn and the weak

And the same gentle hands that hold me when I'm broken

They conquered death to bring me victory!


Now I know my Redeemer lives

I know my Redeemer lives

Let all creation testify

Let this life within me cry

I know my Redeemer, He lives

To take away my shame

And He lives forever, I'll proclaim


That the payment for my sin

Was the precious life He gave

But now He's alive and

There's an empty grave.


And I know my Redeemer, He lives

I know my Redeemer lives

Let all creation testify

Let this life within me cry

I know my Redeemer,


I know my Redeemer

I know my Redeemer lives

I know my Redeemer lives

I know that I know that I know that I know that I know my Redeemer lives

My Redeemer lives

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow

I Know I know

He lives He lives yeah, yeah - I spoke with him this morning

He lives He lives, the tomb is empty,

He lives, He lives, I gotta tell everybody, yeah










Baby, I'm so thankful "He lives," and to know you "spoke with Him this morning!" :)
And because He lives, you live!
And because His tomb is empty, yours too will be some day!
I especially love the words, "And the same gentle hands that hold me when I'm broken, They conquered death to bring me victory!"

Thank You God for Your amazing Love that holds my baby girl today. Thank You for giving up Your Son so that my baby can be with you today ~ What a Loving Lord You are! What a Loving Abba-Daddy You are to us and to our baby girl! Please give her a kiss for me today...and hold her oh so close,









Poem - After Four Years, Missing You Deeply... - Angie Bennett Prince - 8/2/10

Redeemer, Nicole C. Mullen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p4G2GbPYQA

Redeemer lyrics: http://bit.ly/clpcd9


TwitThis

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your touching words and beautiful photos of Merry Katherine bring tears and a desire to melt the anguish/pain away for you sweet Angie. I wish I could hug you, but I'm too far away... But I know God has provided a "Holy Spirit Hug" as I've asked him to do for me today... "Bonded In The Empty Ache." Love to you my cherished friend~ Danielle

Post a Comment