Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday's Trust - Trapped in the Grips of Grief...







Tuesday's Trust



Feeling Trapped in the Grips of Grief,

With No Strength to Save Myself...




In praying on my knees last night, I thought

of the desperation of my future

as in the grips of grief my life is caught

and I hold still awaiting my heart's suture...



And then I thought of my child's helplessness

caught in the trap of Satan's wrathfulness...



No one could deliver but her Savior.

There was nothing she could humanly do.

The odds were stacked...not in her favor;

Her only hope was in her Lord's rescue.



So, too, I see no obvious path ahead,

my life over, once my child was dead...



I feel as trapped as she did on that ground,

no way to move, no way to lift myself

out of the miry muck in which I'm found,

stuck with no earthly way to save myself.



And then, just like my child was shown The Way,

I know I'm lost lest Jesus shows The Way.



No map, no vision, nor given life's plan...

Both depend completely on th' Son of Man...




*****




Rest for the Weary


THE PARABLE COLLECTION

Time out from the burdens of life.


I am writing this in March of 2009 while the world is in a serious economic upheaval. Fortunes have been lost, retirement incomes are gone, and the basic necessities have become a struggle for many.

It is at times like these that I recall the simplicity of childhood and the safety of my mom and dad’s arms.

In truth, we assign too much importance to issues that, in the end, will be of no consequence. Have you ever heard of a man on his deathbed who asked to see his stock portfolio one more time? Could the time we spend worrying be better spent in quiet, soothing fellowship with the One who created it all and promises more?

Jesus said that we are not to worry, but to “seek His Kingdom first” and His Father would generously take care of our needs. And, He invited “all who are burdened and weary” to come and find sweet rest in Him.

Maybe we should give it a try.


Matthew 11:28

~by Michael Belk, The Journeys Project



"Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
~Matthew 11:28




*****



Thomas said to Him, "Lord we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"


Jesus answered,

"I am The Way and The Truth and The Life.
"No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well. From now on, you do know Him and have seen Him."

~John 14:5-7 (capitalizations/highlights mine)




For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.


Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things-and the things that are not--to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before Him. It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written, "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."


I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.


~I Corinthians 1:25-31, 2:3-5




The body...is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.


~I Corinthians 15:43



"My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness."


~2 Corinthians 12:8



He is not weak in dealing with you, but is powerful among you.


For to be sure, He was crucified in weakness, yet He lives by God's power.


Likewise, we are weak in Him, yet by God's power we will live with Him to serve you.


~2 Corinithians 13:3b-4














Picture: http://www.thejourneysproject.com/image-detail.aspx?id=306

Thank you to Carla Povich, for sharing The Journeys Project with me through her blog http://onewaychrist.blogspot.com/


The Holy Bible, New International Version



TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment