Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday's Trust - My Blessing Becomes My Curse? or Investment of Fools?




Tuesday's Trust


My Blessing Becomes My Curse?

or

Investment of Fools?




"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes."

— Cormac McCarthy (The Road)





My Blessing Becomes My Curse?

or

Investment of Fools?




My blessing becomes my curse?

I loved you; then enters... the hearse?

All invested in you, my "Wall Street" crashes;

Investments of my heart birthed in grief and ashes.




Love's Investments decimated to ash,

Or did they culminate the night of your crash?

From love's hands into Love's hands,

Taken from fallen world into Golden City lands.




Ashes to ashes, dust to dust,

From Death bursts Life, by faith we trust:

God births Resurrection;

To Death comes Life's Insurrection.




Investments in your soul

yielded better than purest gold!

No need for anyone's earthly pity

As you walk the streets of God's Golden City...




From Adam's curse of death,

God gave you His Son's breath...

It was no investment of fools

That would yield such Eternal Jewels!




Ashes to ashes, dust to dust,

From Death bursts Life, by faith we trust!










Photo: photobucket.com
Cormac McCarthy quote: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4178.Cormac_McCarthy
Poem - My Blessing Becomes My Curse? or Investment of Fools? - Angie Bennett Prince - 5/15/10

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment