Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday's Faith - Faith Amidst Grief's Traumatizing Distress





Friday's Faith



Faith Amidst Grief's Traumatizing Distress







No sooner had I entered last night's post

Of stress hormones' devastating effects...

Did I encounter the Threatening "Ghost"

Of Danger~just like a "Days-Gone-By-Hex"...







Infiltrating my brain before I knew

The full impact Stress was having on me,

My triggered brain was traumatized anew

As Danger's "results" were all I could see...







Hyper-startled, hyper-vigilant too...

Stress hormones geared my body for Action:



"There's Danger!


Now you know what you must do!"



...No prefrontal logic, just reaction...








And so today, I find myself uptight,

Feeling the Post-Traumatic-Stress at work...

Asking...




"Will Faith get me through this Dark Night


Where fears, triggers, and abreactions lurk...?"







The daffodil does "Growth-Work" underground

As God carefully designed it to do...


But I? I have options to "Run Aground"...

In Grief's Dark Night, my body throws a coup.





Amidst Grief's Dark Night, vile stressors abound...


Will Growth happen?


Will my Faith see me through?








How about you? Most of us had no idea of the many-faceted effects of Child-Loss Grief.

How does the Stress of Grief affect you?









Picture: Thank you to Eva Soulu for her amazing work of art... http://soulu.cgsociety.org/gallery/605247/

Poem - Faith Amidst Grief's Traumatizing Distress - Angie Bennett Prince - 4/9/2010


TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment