Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday's Woe - Parting With Parts of You: Little Red Truck




Our beach trip (taken in her little red truck)
August 16, 2005
In less than one year, she would be gone...




Wednesday's Woe


Parting With Parts of You:


Little Red Truck





I said goodbye to your truck yesterday;

For these years it has seemed a part of you--

To have parted before? There was no way!

It would have been more than I then could do.





I cried a few times and patted its side

All the time hearing, "Mommy, it's all good..."

"...I don't need it now," I hear you confide.

Why is it baby, I wish you would?





The truck was so you, all pretty and red,

Yet rugged and tough to slide through the mud.

...I couldn't have you, but had it instead...

Shopping-, beach-trips, mem'ries...my heart goes thud...





From here on out, I'll part with parts of you...

May God give me grace each time we must part.

But nothing compares to your soul made new,

And hearing your voice speak to my heart...










Picture: Made on our beach trip together (in her little red truck) August 16, 2005 - In less than one year, she would be gone...
Poem - Parting with Parts of You: Your Little Red Truck - Angie Bennett Prince - 1/27/10

TwitThis

1 comment:

AprilP said...

That is beautiful, Aunt Angie. I know it must have been so hard to let go of her truck...another tiny part of Merry Katherine.
I love that sweet picture of you two gorgeous girls! :) What a precious memory you must have of that time together!

Love you,

April

Post a Comment