Sunday, September 6, 2009

Grief’s Turbulent Sea














Grief’s Turbulent Sea




I stand atop Grief’s rocky carapace

Amidst its sea of fog swift looming up,

From mourners’ tears that glaze each barren face

As crystals of love spill from each heart’s cup.




I look and look to find my loved one there

In misty waters atop death’s deep dark,

But alas, each swelling wave roils up bare,

Yielding no living child to disembark. . . .




Oh tell me now, as I’m beside myself,

Where’s the Shore of Grief’s continental shelf?








http://simplysnickers.blogspot.com/2009/08/poetry-prompt-through-sunday-september.html with prompts bare, bark, beside

Picture: “Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog” by Caspar David Friedrich, 1818

Written 9/6/09 - Poem - Grief's Turbulent Sea - Angie Bennett Prince

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment