Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The White Bridge




The White Bridge



Looking within my imagination,

I see the White Bridge you crossed on that night

From dreary earth to Glorification:

O what a glorious scene to my sight!



The bridge, made of purest gold, transparent—

And yet, it gave off sheens of whitest light...

Light from Savior-Spirit-God apparent,

Shining rays of Love of the purest white.



Th’ bridge’s span quite wide –from here to Heaven

With no undergirding that I could see,

Nor could I see the spiritual leaven

That transmuted your soul t’ be heavenly…



But I saw the delight in Abba’s eyes

As He cradled you up into His arms;

Such passionate love our language defies

As He grabbed you away from Satan’s harms…



From th’ blackest evil Satan could concoct

To Whitest Love whose Goodness evil blocked,

Stormed Satan’s stronghold, whisking you away

Satan crushed, thrown on the ground, left shell-shocked;

Helpless God’s plan t’ circumvent, there he lay.



And the look on your face was ecstasy

As you flew from the ground to Abba’s arms,

Nestling in their loving warmth so snugly,

Thrilled Amazing Grace so deftly disarms.



Now all I can do is quietly stare

As I watch you cross amidst the night air,

Awed, I see your flight from Nightmare t’ God’s Care;

Now God kisses your face, caresses your hair…



See Psalm 18 and Revelation 21


(Jesus said,) “I tell you the truth, whoever hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. John 5:24


Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies” John 11:25


But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. Romans 8:10


And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose…And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified. Romans 8:28,30


See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in Heaven always see the face of My Father in Heaven . . . . In the same way your Father in Heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost. Matthew 18:10,14


(Jesus said,) “So he (the once rebellious son) got up and went to his father.

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

“The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’

“But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.” Luke 15:20-24


...Jesus... (said), Suppose one of you has a 100 sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the 99 in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there is more rejoicing in Heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous persons who do not need to repent. Luke 15:3-7



All scripture quoted is from The New International Version of The Holy Bible Painting: The White Bridge by John Henry Twachtman, c1885 Poetry prompts: scene/seen, span, stare/stair as prompted by http://simplysnickers.blogspot.com/2009/08/poetry-prompt-through-sunday-august-9.html Encouraging thoughts about my child and her Savior as prompted by http://www.mcklinky.com/blog_hop.asp

Written 8/5/09 - The White Bridge - Angie Bennett Prince


TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment